About the South Hills

Piccolina's Resturant is located in Upper St. Clair, the South Hills of Western PA.

The Township of Upper St. Clair was founded in 1788, is a 10.5 sq. mile, primarily residential community (19,000+ residents) located 10 miles southwest of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

This family-oriented community boasts an award-winning school district, excellent recreation, a safe environment, and caring staff and residents. Upper St. Clair has been named one of the ”Top Ten Best Places to Live” by U.S. News & World Report. (*www.twpusc.org)
Image

Getting to Piccolina's

We are only 10 minutes or so from downtown Pittsburgh, PA, and when driving to our restaurant use THIS LINK for directions using Google Maps.

You may also enter this address into your GPS for driving directions to our location in Upper St. Clair, PA:

1580 McLaughlin Run Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15241
The first European settler in present-day Upper St. Clair was John Fife, who settled near what is now the intersection of Washington and McLaughlin Run roads in 1762.

St. Clair Township was named after General Arthur St. Clair of Revolutionary War fame, the 9th President of the United States in Congress Assembled. Under his administration as President from February 2, 1787 to October 29, 1787, the Northwest Ordinance and United States Constitution of 1787 were passed.

St. Clair was one of the original townships of
Allegheny County, Pennsylvania at the county's creation in 1788. In 1836, the St. Clair Township was divided into two separate townships, Upper St. Clair and Lower St. Clair. The residents of Upper St. Clair formed their township to ensure better government service that could be obtained by separating from the more densely populated northern part of the township.
*via www.twpusc.org

Upper St. Clair Township was further subdivided throughout the 19th and 20th centuries as several parts of the original township separated to form new townships and boroughs. In 1973, Upper St. Clair Township adopted a home rule charter that took effect on January 5, 1976, and is no longer governed by the Pennsylvania Township Code.

The Whiskey Rebellion of 1794 had its roots in Upper St. Clair.

Formed as a volunteer militia company in 1844 by residents of the township, the "St. Clair Guards" later became Company H of the
62nd Pennsylvania Infantry.
The community was home to several mines beginning in the late 19th century. Freehold Real Estate Co. built the first major residential development in March 1913 along Washington Road, which at the time was conveniently close to streetcar service.
Today, the community has many fashionable homes and is considered one of the wealthiest suburbs of Pittsburgh. (*www.wikipedia.org)